Pet Village of Brentwood

Pet Village of Brentwood is seeking to add a great new associate veterinarian to our team. I am a co-owner of an approximately 1500 sq ft small animal practice and boarding/daycare facility located in wonderful Brentwood, Tennessee. I own the hospital portion of the business and my business partner owns and manages the boarding/daycare. We both value heartfelt and quality medicine and care. Pet Village was created a little over three years ago, and I purchased the hospital portion of the business this past December. We are growing rapidly and I would love to add another associated veterinarian to our fantastic team.

Previous to purchasing my dream practice, I had been lucky enough to work at some really well-run practices in my career. I went to undergrad and vet school at Auburn University. After graduating, I completed a small animal rotating internship and then practised at 2 large well-run private practices for 7 years in Tampa, Fl before moving to Tennessee to be closer to family. My most recent job before purchasing this practice was becoming a part-owner and essentially managing and developing a young and growing small animal practice. It was kind of my way of dipping my toe into business ownership to decide if it was for me. Turns out, I really love getting to curate and develop a supportive, quality and thriving practice. After a few years of trial by fire in developing and growing a practice, I was ready to fly my own ship. I knew exactly where I wanted to purchase and ultimately the stars aligned for me and I came to purchase Pet Village of Brentwood. I have been working around the clock for 6 months to get this practice to exactly where I want it to be, and I’m really proud of myself and my team for what we have developed. I truly have the best team that is supportive, highly skilled, thorough and collaborative. These things are not by accident and I truly want to continue those qualities by adding on a new veterinarian.

I also am a mom to 2 young boys, 4 and 5 years old, and my husband travels for work frequently. While we do work hard to make sure we provide the best care, I also understand and empathize with a great work/life balance. Our team understands that your time off is YOUR time. We do not provide any on-call emergency services and we are lucky enough to be situated between 2 fantastic referral and emergency facilities. We observe and are closed (and paid) for any major holidays. Most importantly, we LEAVE ON TIME. I have to go pick up my kids and people have lives and families which need to be prioritized as well.

We are also dedicated to our fantastic clients and we practice the most high quality medicine. Dentistry is my jam and I truly enjoy soft tissue surgery (give me a good foreign body surgery any day). I am in the process of renovating the exam rooms, but we are already set up with a wonderful treatment area and a large surgical/dental space equipped with some great bells and whistles. We have digital and dental (digital) radiology, full in-house diagnostic lab services, tonometry, Holter monitor (we see a lot of Boxers), ultrasonography, full anaesthetic monitoring and trained CVTs. We have cloud-based Cornerstone and all lab work/radiographs are integrated with our systems. We use only the best vaccines (PureVax for cats, etc) and we truly tailor our treatment plans to the individual patient and client. We have a board-certified radiologist that reads our radiographs as needed and will come to our practice exclusively to perform ultrasounds. The best part is we are located in a great area where clients allow you to do your job and provide you with the financial support and willingness to provide the best quality of care.

Ideally, I would love to add someone who also enjoys surgery and dentistry, but I’m open to all avenues and possible mentorship if the fit is right. I am currently a 1 DVM practise (myself) and we are so busy that we could definitely support another veterinarian. An associate’s schedule would be 4 days a week and a rotating Saturday schedule (we are only open 8-11 AM on Saturday).

We are located just outside of Nashville, Tn and we truly do have amazing and caring clients. Being in an affluent area, we often get to see a celebrity here or there, which makes a work day exciting. We have 3 clinic cats, Oscar, and Selma and a Sphinx cat named Ursula. I recently adopted my first official clinic pet, a chameleon named Jerry. We are located in an area called Cool Springs in Brentwood, TN and we are in the centre of everything but also getting into the suburbs. Any place you need to go to or want to eat at, we are there.

i

Our team is our family and we want to take care of them. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, matched 401-k, CE, substantial and pet veterinary discounts, and of course, generous vacation time and PTO. Our team is amazing, skilled and fun to work with. I truly appreciate and enjoy being around everyone I work with. I am not an owner that wants to pressure or hover over someone. I believe that if you work hard you will be able to reward yourself well. I’m looking for someone who appreciated their own autonomy for scheduling and booking procedures but is also willing to prioritize clients and quality medicine. Ultimately our clients are our family as well and we and we want them to feel that and be treated as such. The most important personality traits are great communication skills, can laugh at themselves, being empathetic, and wanting to grow and be a part of something rewarding. 

If this ad speaks to you, please check us out at [https://www.petvillagebrentwood.com](https://www.petvillagebrentwood.com/) or our Facebook/Instagram page.

Please email me at 

joannawalshbac@gmail.com, mailto:joannawalshbac@gmail.com for any questions or interest. Thanks for reading!!



Pet Village of Brentwood is seeking to add a great new associate veterinarian

Pet Village of Brentwood is seeking to add a great new associate veterinarian